The purposes of the Post are fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable, and educational and are:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead, and to assist their surviving spouses and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws;
5. to foster true patriotism;
6. to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom; and
7. to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.